Fatigue Testing/Applications Development Engineer
LSP Technologies, Inc. is a leader in developing advanced processes and systems that use high energy laser systems and laser peening technology to improve the fatigue performance of aerospace parts. We are seeking an experienced materials testing engineer with specific experience in fatigue testing. Three years minimum experience required.
Education Level: B.S. or higher. Engineering Degree: Metallurgical/Materials or Engineering Mechanics
- Engineering experience related to structural materials and material behavior under fatigue loading,
- Computer skills in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint, as a minimum,
- Strong hands-on ability to set up, test, operate, and maintain fatigue testing equipment and use data acquisition instrumentation,
- Strong verbal, written, and presentation communication skills, and
- Interpersonal skills and ability to interface with customers.
- An engineering degree in metallurgical/materials or engineering mechanics is required,
- Work experience with mechanical/fatigue testing equipment and related instrumentation is required, and
- U.S. Citizenship or legal permanent resident status; must be able to qualify for U.S. Department of Defense security clearance.
- Project management experience,
- Experience using ANSYS finite element modeling software,
- Experience developing fatigue performance prediction methodologies.
- Engineering work in LSPT’s fatigue testing lab including set up, strain gaging, and operation of test equipment related to fatigue testing of coupons and parts,
- Training of others to perform routine fatigue testing operations,
- Use of data acquisition systems, finite element modeling, and fatigue analysis software,
- Lead project management efforts involving application development efforts for laser peening of customers’ parts, and
- Assist with business development efforts related to laser peening and fatigue testing.
Compensation will be based on qualifications and experience. A benefits package including medical insurance and 401k profit-sharing plan will be provided. Reasonable relocation expenses will be reimbursed.
Qualified Applicants, Please Contact:
Mr. Richard D. Tenaglia, Development Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org